Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal Cups

I've never met an oatmeal flake I didn't like!

As you know....I love love love oatmeal. 

I love it in cookies (of course!), in fruit crisps, in muffins & cakes and especially cooked for breakfast!

This is a fabulous and seriously simple recipe I found at
Joy in My Kitchen. She has some great oatmeal dishes there.

This is a yummy breakfast that is quick to mix - cooks in about 15 minutes - and tastes like a cinnamon roll.

Make it ahead and reheat it for a fast breakfast if you want! It's a great way to warm your tummy and begin your day on the right foot...


Even if it hadn't been featured at a linky party, I still would have HAD to try it.

And who wouldn't love oatmeal in your own little ramekin?

With frosting no less!?


CINNAMON ROLL BAKED OATMEAL CUPS

1 c. old fashioned oats
(we prefer a 7-grain purchased at a local bulk food store)
1/2 c. applesauce, unsweetened
1/2 c. milk
(I used 1%)
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. cinnamon
3 Tb. maple syrup
1/8 tsp. sea salt

Optional Frosting:

1 - 2 Tb. cream cheese, (1/3 reduced fat)
4 Tb. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
optional: milk, added until desired smoothness is reached

Preheat oven or toaster oven to 375.

Lightly grease 4 - 1/2 c. ramekins, custard cups or small bowls.  Or....lightly grease 2 - 1 c. ramekins; set aside. 

Mix together the oats, applesauce, milk, vanilla, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt in large bowl.

Pour the oat mixture into each dish.

Bake at 375 for 15 - 20 minutes or until center is set.

Meanwhile, in small bowl, blend frosting ingredients and mix until smooth.

Serve baked oatmeal topped with cream cheese frosting and cinnamon.  Add a few nuts if desired.

OH MY!  This is a terrific way to begin your day, but I enjoy it for lunch and sometimes dinnertime too.

Linked to Mix it up Monday
          Totally Tasty Tuesday
       Creative Thursday
         Thursday's Treasures
        Scrumptious Sunday
           Breakfast Ideas Monda
               Whatcha Whipped Up Wednesday
           Ingredient Spotlight - Oats
          Melt in your Mouth Monday
             Gooseberry Patch Roundup - Rise & Shine
Weekend Potluck

19 comments :

  1. Mmm, cream cheese frosting for breakfast sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm! I'm with Lisa - cream cheese icing for breakfast - yahoo! Looks & sounds scrumptious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you tried the recipe & enjoyed it! It's a treat for breakfast, and since I love oats too, it's a perfect breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea. I will definitely give this a try. Love your blog and I am your newest follower. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE it when I can eat dessert and call it breakfast. You are a women after my own heart. Going to try this one very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This would be such an indulgent breakfast! I'd love you to share this at Breakfast Ideas Mondays - http://www.yummyinspirations.net/2012/05/nutella-cinnamon-porridge-and-breakfast.html :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so cute, Marsha! I just love them! (I'm a big oatmeal fan too!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sold! Will be saving this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing! This is my kind of breakfast! <3 Thank you for sharing on Thursday's Treasures Week 34. I'll leave the light on for your next visit. <3 and hugs sweets! http://www.recipesformyboys.com/2012/05/thursdays-treasures-week-34.html open all week

    ReplyDelete
  10. These rolls sound wonderful, and so healthy but the frosting is not optional, it is a must!!!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, these look and sound delicious! Can't wait to try them. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look and sound SO good! I can't wait to try them. :-) Feel free to link them (and any other recipes, as well) up with my Try a New Recipe Tuesday linkup. Have a great rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice idea. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So happy to tell you that I've featured your recipe over at Addicted to Recipes this week :-) Congrats!
    http://iamaddictedtorecipes.blogspot.ca/2012/05/scrumptious-sunday-12-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. My oatmeal loving daughter would love these!! I am pinning and will be making these for her breakfast very soon! Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    Stopping by from Whatcha' Whipped Up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey I absolutely love your blog :)

    I'm also really interested in healthy eating and living. I found a site: http://www.healthyrevelations.wordpress.com. It has a lot of amazing healthy recipes if you'd like to check it out

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are good. I just made them and I like how the apple sauce gives it a sweetness I wasnt expecting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've got to try these! That icing looks delicious!!!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly