Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Caramel Oatmeal Chewies

I recently made these for a graduation open house and was amazed at the comments & requests I had for the recipe.  

It has caramel ice cream topping in the middle...along with chocolate chips and nuts, if preferred.

I love oatmeal in anything and this one is sooo yummy. In my opinion, If you are wanting to 'impress' someone...this is the recipe to make!

It's another special recipe from my cookbook...page 127, if you're interested.  *-* 
(Click here for detailed info about purchasing my book...300 easy recipes for only $12 + S & H) 


CARAMEL OATMEAL CHEWIES

1-3/4 c. quick or old fashioned oats
1-3/4 c. all purpose flour, divided
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt,optional
3/4 c. margarine (1-1/2 sticks), melted
2 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
1 c. chopped nuts
1 c. caramel ice cream topping 

Preheat oven to 350. Grease bottom of 9" X 13" X 2" baking dish. 

Combine oats, 1-1/2 c. flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt in large bowl.  Stir in butter;mix well. Reserve 1 c. oat mixture; press remaining oat mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.  Bake 12 - 15 minutes or until brown. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts.  

Mix caramel topping with remaining flour in small bowl; drizzle over nuts to within 1/4" of pan edges.  Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture.  Bake 18 - 20 minutes longer or until golden brown.

Cool in pan on wire rack; refrigerate until firm. Setting them out at room temperature for a few minutes prior to cutting them makes for an easier job.


6 comments :

  1. This looks amazing!

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These Caramel Oatmeal Chewies look amazing! Gooey and chewy at the same time:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Those look so good, Marsha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Marsha, these are AMAZING. I can almost taste their gooeyness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still drooling over these, Marsha. I have them bookmarked to make asap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I miss these in June? This is just my kid of recipe. You and I have in common that we love oatmeal! I just made the no-bake oatmeal peanut butter cookies today and they are so yummy! THESE look incredible! Must go buy some caramel topping so I can make them!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly