Monday, June 18, 2012

No Calorie Sweet Green Tea: Guest Post/Potholes & Pantyhose

WELCOME TO DRINK-A-THON WEEK AT THE BETTER BAKER!

 I'm serving up several cooling, refreshing beverages every day this week....and I'm thrilled to have a guest blogger for our first day. 

When I first made this tasty drink for my hubby and I, we drank the first pitcher-full the first day, and I had to make more the next...and the next.

And it's something special I made for him for Father's Day too - we both love it. 

It's green tea - and it's not only delicious, it's healthy for you too.
And stevia-sweetened!  I love love love that too!

I'm so happy to have Rebekah share this wonderfully easy drink - along with some great tutorial photos as well. 

Take it away Rebekah...



Hello, Better Baker readers! I am so honored that Marsha asked me to be a guest here today!

My name is Rebekah, and I'm from Potholes and Pantyhose where I share and photograph detailed tutorials of my DIY Projects, Recipes, Photography Tips and Remodeling Endeavors. Marsha loved my recipe for No Calorie Sweet Green Tea she asked if I'd be willing to share the whole process on her site for her dear readers.

So, here I am with my No Calorie Sweet Green Tea.

During the summer, there's nothing better than a cold glass of sweet tea. I enjoy the beverage but wanted a low calorie option that was also healthy for you. There are numerous antioxidants, along with Vitamins C and E found in Green Tea. (*See a report by Harvard Health Publications at the end of this post on the benefits of drinking green tea.)

This simple No Calorie Sweet Green Tea is good for you, easy to make and tastes wonderful.


Here's all that is needed to make your very own No Calorie Sweet Green Tea:
Tea Kettle
Glass Tea Jar
10 Green Tea Bags (I use 5 Caffeinated and 5 Decaffeinated Tea Bags)
6 + 4 Cups of Water
1/2 tsp Liquid Stevia


Using a clothespin, use the tab at the end of the string to corral your tea bags.



Clip the tea bags to the side of your glass tea jar. Boil 6 cups of water in your tea kettle.


After the water in the tea kettle whistles, pour the boiling water into the glass tea jar. Aim for the tea bags as you pour.

Steep for 5 minutes.


After 5 minutes, pull the tea bags from the liquid but still inside of the tea jar. Slowly squeeze out any remaining water from the tea bags using a wooden spoon.


Add the 1/2 tsp Liquid Stevia.


Add 4 Cups of cold water to the tea jar.


Stir the tea a few times to mix the stevia in.


Let the tea cool in the fridge for several hours. Once it's cool, pour yourself a glass and enjoy!

Stop by Potholes and Pantyhose for other recipe, craft, and remodeling ideas. I am so looking forward to meeting you all. And, thanks again, Marsha for letting me be a guest here today. It's been wonderfully sweet!

Love-Rebekah

[*Tea's health benefits are largely due to its high content of flavonoids — plant-derived compounds that are antioxidants. Green tea is the best food source of a group called catechins. In test tubes, catechins are more powerful than vitamins C and E in halting oxidative damage to cells and appear to have other disease-fighting properties. Studies have found an association between consuming green tea and a reduced risk for several cancers, including, skin, breast, lung, colon, esophageal, and bladder.

Additional benefits for regular consumers of green and black teas include a reduced risk for heart disease. The antioxidants in green, black, and oolong teas can help block the oxidation of LDL (bad) cholesterol, increase HDL (good) cholesterol and improve artery function. A Chinese study published recently in the Archives of Internal Medicine showed a 46%-65% reduction in hypertension risk in regular consumers of oolong or green tea, compared to non-consumers of tea.




Thanks Rebekah for sharing with my awesome readers who are ready to cool down in this warm weather. 

DRINK UP YA'LL!!!

Linked to Melt in your mouth Monday




4 comments :

  1. My hubby loves green tea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for featuring me today! I'm so blessed that you asked me to be a guest here today. What a great way to start the week!
    Love-Rebekah @ www.potholesandpantyhose.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely be trying this. Green tea is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recipe...cool and refreshing for us Texans :)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly