Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Invisible Banana French Toast

This is a fun dish because you get the banana flavor without seeing the banana. 

It's also kid-friendly because kids will love helping you prepare this special recipe.  Just throw everything into the blender, dip the bread, fry it up, serve with syrup or peanut butter and you'll make the little 'monkeys' very happy. *-* 

It's a dish I made for my kids when they were small (so long ago!) and it's one of the recipes under the 'breakfast' category in my cookbook. 
I've added 2 Tb. milk since then. 

If you have several hungry mouths to feed, you can easily double, or even triple, this simple recipe. 


INVISIBLE BANANA FRENCH TOAST
2 eggs
1 banana, sliced
2 Tb. milk
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
6 - 7 slices bread
1 Tb. margarine or oil
(frying in coconut oil is great!) 

Place eggs, banana slices, milk and cinnamon in blender.  Whir until smooth; pour into bowl. Heat margarine; dip bread into batter and fry until brown.  

Serve with warm maple syrup or peanut butter. 


8 comments :

  1. The name itself is so catchy, nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMmmmm....I love French toast...and this recipe sounds perfect to add to my repertoire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think one could use other fruits besides banana?! Just curious as I think some of my younger siblings would love the banana and the others would be much less thrilled! =D
    Thanks, Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a tasty twist on an old favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I think I know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow! THanks for sharing on Whatcha Whipped Up Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. The name caught my eye but the recipe is great. Thank you for sharing this idea.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly