Thursday, February 7, 2013

Simple Sugar Scrubs (Coconut & Coffee) MMM good!



I made these yummy softening scrubs and gave as Christmas gifts. 
The coffee scrub is wonderful for anyone who loves coffee...(or whose husband loves coffee!) and the coconut smells oh so wonderful too. 

I couldn't imagine these scrubs would be SO easy to make. Mix them up, put them in a jar or lidded container, add a bow and you've got a great gift to give. 

I was so pleased to find these deliciously easy recipes at Robyn's View

These would be an awesome no-cal 'sweet' to give for Valentine's Day. 

I keep mine in the shower and love the softness they give.

Place them in a glass jar or plastic container - tie with a bow and 

you're all set for gift giving. 


Coconut Sugar Scrub

1 c. white sugar
1/4 c. coconut oil

Place 1/2 the sugar in a (glass) bowl, add oil.
Blend with a spoon or mix it with your hand.
Add remaining sugar, and mix until combined.

To use:
Put a small amount of scrub in one hand.
Wet the other hand. Scrub!
Rinse well and pat dry. 

Coffee Sugar Scrub

Here is what you will need:
1 c. white sugar
1/8 c. coffee grounds
1/4 c. almond oil (or olive oil) 
2 tsp. vanilla extract

Mix all of the ingredients together and place in a clean, dry jar. 
(Per Robyn: Keep in refrigerator between uses.) 

Place a small amount in your wet hand, and rub into skin. Rinse, and pat dry. 

The coffee grounds and sugar make a great exfoliant, and the oil helps your skin to feel nice and soft. The vanilla is optional; it just gives the scrub a really good fragrance.


Linked to Thursday Favorite Things

4 comments :

  1. I am really interested in the coffee scrub. I have heard that coffee grounds are good for the skin. I am pinning this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coffee grounds? As in, what is left after you make coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get really dry skin in winter and it was so bad a few years ago that sugar scrubs were a life saver for me! I couldn't get moisturized enough with lotion alone and Danielle (my sister who makes bath products) recommended her sugar scrubs to me and I love them! These sound delicious--love how you think of them as a no-calorie sweet. They sure are a no guilt indulgence!

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect for winter skin! Thank you for sharing at the hop xo

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly