Monday, February 4, 2013

T-Shirt Scarf Tutorial - Infinity Scarf



My last name may be Baker, but I love doing other things as well.  Easy crafts are something I truly enjoy...I have taught a class about how to make t-shirt scarves, per a request from my church friends (who see me wearing them often) and have also had a writeup in a local ladies magazine (Simply Hers...www.simplyhers.net - Pg. 19) with a scarf tutorial...I figured it was about time I shared with you.  I will shore more ideas for making neat things with t-shirts in a few more weeks.....

Trust me, this is a very simple project and even a rookie can make these! 



I first learned about t-shirt scarves from my dear blogging friend, Tonya Ferguson. 
This  post of hers is the very first time I had even seen or heard of such a thing!

Making scarves from t-shirts?  You gotta be kidding me! I was thinking...
'I CAN DO THIS'! 

Now I wear them more often than not and find they are a simple accessory to any outfit...it's almost a 'new kind of jewelry' fad. 

Making them has almost become an addiction for me.  They are SO easy to make. And I keep seeing new ideas.  My closet has many hangers draped with different styles, so I decided I would share ideas with you and maybe you could give as a gift for Valentine's Day.  They are great to give a gift anytime! 

Stay tuned tomorrow for directions on how to make a fringe scarf. 

E-Z,  P-Z - YOU CAN DO THIS TOO! 


I love that this scarf can be made in just minutes!! 



Tools Needed: Old L or XL (preferably 100% cotton - no side seams)
Good pair of scissors
Clip on flowers or embellishments

STEP 1: 

Lay t-shirt out flat and cut off bottom of the shirt, cutting from under the arm on one side to under the arm on the other. (I try to avoid having graphics on the material as they don't roll up as 'clean'.  Then cut off the bottom hem. (Do not fret about cutting any of this perfectly as the knit material is very forgiving). 


STEP 2: 
Cut off the bottom hem. (Do not fret about cutting any of this perfectly as the knit material is very forgiving). 

STEP 3:
Stretch this 'tube' of material like there's no tomorrow. (It helps to have a second person). 


THAT'S IT!  You're done! 

Wear it in a single loop or double it.  Add a flower or pretty embellishment if desired. 

(The smaller the shirt you use, the smaller the scarf). 


Linked up to Whatcha Whipped up Wednesday
Weekend Potluck

2 comments :

Printfriendly