Sunday, August 4, 2013

Pineapple Pretzel Salad

OH YUUUMMM!  

This sweet and salty salad is so good and so very easy to put together! 

I've never thought to 'candy' pretzels before, but these were easy and very addictive.

After seeing this recipe at Tina's Mommy's Kitchen I knew I would love this...as I do all of Tina's down home recipes! 

Mix up the pineapple salad in a matter of minutes, (4 simple ingredients!) and when ready to serve, stir in half the pretzels, then top it with the rest.

I made this for the first time for my hubby's recent sibling get together and I got some great comments on this unusual salad. I even had to be sure to leave some 'extra behind for the hostess.

I thought it was great the next day too.  The pretzels barely softened, and the taste was still outta this world!

I reduced the amounts of sugar/butter and it was terrific.


PINEAPPLE PRETZEL SALAD 

1 ½ c. pretzel sticks (broken in half)
  1/3  c. sugar  
1/3 c. butter, melted

1 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened 

1/2  c. powdered sugar

1 (20 oz) crushed pineapple, drained

1 (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large mixing bowl add pretzel sticks, melted butter and sugar together. Stir until pretzels are well coated. 

Pour mixture onto foil-lined baking pan. (The nonstick is great!!) Bake the pretzels about 
8 minutes, checking to make sure they're not getting over done.  (The sugar/butter mixture will bubble up over the pretzels). 

Remove from oven; pour onto another sheet of foil and spread out to cool, making sure they're not sticking together. Set aside until salad is ready to serve.  

In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar together using an electric mixer. Add pineapple and stir until combined. Fold in the whipped topping. 

Just before serving mix half the candied pretzels into salad; top with remaining pretzels.


3 comments :

Printfriendly