Thursday, September 25, 2014

1-Minute Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug

I was SO excited when I saw this terrific recipe from Melissa at 
Number 2 Pencil.  We've tried a number of the quickie microwave desserts...and loved them...but hadn't made it this far in our explorations.  It was delicious and I love that I didn't have two or three dozen cookies sitting around to tempt me. 

I added 1 Tb. peanut butter to satisfy my cravings even more and used 
a tad less flour, and I used white whole wheat.  

This is AWESOME for an after dinner, or even bedtime, snack. 

And it's FAST! 

Did I mention TASTY?  ;-}


CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE IN A MUG (in a minute)

1 Tb. butter
1 Tb. white sugar
1 Tb. firmly packed (dark) brown sugar
splash of vanilla extract
pinch of kosher salt
1 egg yolk
3 Tb. white whole wheat flour 
2 heaping Tb. (mini) semi sweet chocolate chips
(or your favorite kind) 

1 Tb. chopped peanuts, optional 

Heat butter and peanut butter in the microwave in the mug you are going to bake in. Add sugars, vanilla and salt; mix well. Add egg yolk to cup; stir until blended. Stir in flour; add chocolate chips and nuts; blend until smooth.
(or sprinkle nuts over the top)

Cook in microwave for 40 - 60 seconds, beginning to check at 40 seconds. Do not cook longer than a minute. It will continue cooking as it cools, so be sure it isn't overdone when you stop cooking. 

Serve warm - with ice cream is best!


Linked to Lou Lou Girls
Weekend Potluck  


You might also like this

1-Minute Healthy Deep Dish Breakfast Cookie 



No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly