Sunday, July 20, 2014

Minister's Delight (Crockpot Dessert)

I guess since I had this recipe published in a Gooseberry Patch cookbook last fall, it was time to get it on my blog!!

(And I am simply beside myself to know I'm having 4 more recipes, published in 4 more cookbooks in this next year! YOWZA!!!)

It's a simple recipe, given to me by my youth pastor's wife years ago. 

It's called Minister's Delight because it can cook while you're away at church.
I've even taken it to church and let it cook during services for a potluck we were enjoying afterwards. 


It's an easy layered recipe....Dump a can of your favorite pie filling in the bottom of your crockpot, a little crushed pineapple (optional if you don't want it), topped with a yellow cake mix combined with a stick of butter.
Top with nuts or coconut if you'd like...turn it on and go about your business. 

In 2-1/2 - 3 hours you've got a great dessert ready to enjoy...
topped with ice cream is best. Or whipped cream. Oh how I love warm fruited desserts with vanilla ice cream.  Comfort!!!


MINISTER'S DELIGHT

1 (20 ozs) can apple, cherry, blueberry or peach pie filling
1 c. crushed pineapple, partially drained, optional
1 (16 - 18 ozs) box yellow cake mix
1/2 c. butter, melted
Optional: 1/3 c. chopped pecans or walnuts
Garnish: ice cream or whipped topping 

Spray a 3 - 4 qt. slow cooker with non-stick vegetable spray.  Add pie filling; spread pineapple over top, if using. In medium bowl, combine dry cake mix and butter; mix with fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over pie filling. Sprinkle nuts on top, if desired.  

Before covering, place 2 paper towels on top of slow cooker to catch any condensation. Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 - 3 hours. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping.

Yield: 5 - 6 servings 

Linked to Weekend Potluck
            GBP Roundup - Crockpot
                 Whatcha Crockin Wednesday
Meal Plan Monday





Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly