Sunday, August 17, 2014

Bacon & Mandarin Orange Spinach Salad

Even though I'm not fond of 'regular' lettuce salads, 
I am particularly fond of Judy at The Southern Lady Cooks

She not only shares wonderful, down-home recipes, she's been 
a more-than-wonderful friend to me in my blogging world!! 

Judy has shared my blog link with her numerous readers, and my numbers of "Likes" at Facebook have grown by leaps and bounds!!

By the HUNDREDS! 

So I thank her not only for the delicious dishes she shares with the world, but for helping me 'grow' my followers. 

WOW!  I'm ever grateful...

OK, on to the salad.  

I like salads that are 'loaded' with YUM.  

And anytime you add bacon to a salad, I'm on it.  Having oranges in this one is right up my alley. I had a small opened bag of macadamia nuts, so I toasted a few...and toasted some sesame seeds, and topped my salad with both.  

Since I had some spinach on hand and it needed to be eaten, this dish was perfect for me to enjoy while trying to watch my caloric intake. 

I also used a ready-made poppyseed dressing that was perfect for me. 
There's a link below to Judy's recipe for the warm bacon dressing she makes to top off this lovely salad. 


BACON & MANDARIN ORANGE SPINACH SALAD 

5 pieces bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled (save drippings)
1 (15 ozs.) can mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained, reserve syrup 
2 - 3 c. fresh baby spinach
1/3 c. chopped onion (red would be great!)
2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
favorite nuts, toasted, optional 

Wanna try Judy's warm Bacon Dressing (with orange juice in it)... 
click here for that recipe. 

Linked to
                  Full Plate Thursday
              Weekend Potluck








Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly