Thursday, August 14, 2014

Moist Lowfat Zucchini Cookies


I have lots of zucchini recipes here at my blog. 


to name a few! 

But I didn't have a recipe for cookies.  Recently, I had to say "Sorry" to a friend who asked me for a zucchini cookie recipe, so of course, I was determined to add one.

SO glad I tried this lovely recipe from Mommy on Demand after she shared it with us at a recent Weekend Potluck linky party. 

They're a nice, thick and moist cookie, and you'd never know it had veggies in it....though I do suggest you grate the zucchini FINE.  My grandson was here and was excited about fresh baked cookies, until he saw the 'green stuff' in it, then didn't even want to try one.  =( 

We kept ours in the refrigerator just to keep them fresh. 

If you don't mind the calories..these would be awesome with cream cheese frosting...


MOIST LOWFAT ZUCCHINI COOKIES 

1 c. sugar
(I used half xylitol)
1/4 c. applesauce
1/4 c. butter, softened
(or coconut oil)
1 egg
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. cinnamon
(I used 1-1/2 tsp. Pampered Chef cinnamon blend for cloves/cinnamon)
1 c. quick oats
2 c. flour
1 c. zucchini, peeled or unpeeled, grated fine
1 c. mini chocolate chips

Cream together sugar, butter, applesauce and egg. Next add flour, oats, baking soda, salt, ground cloves, cinnamon until combined. Next add in zucchini and chocolate chips.
With cookie scoop lay on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for exactly 10 minutes. Cool on wire racks and ENJOY!
Makes about 2.5 dozen

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly