Thursday, August 21, 2014

Overnight No-Cook Oatmeal Yogurt Cups

I am so honored and excited to have 3 recipes in a new cookbook. 
"THE GREEK YOGURT DIET", authored by Jo Brielyn & Dr. Sonali Ruder, also author of the blog The Foodie Physician



Yes, Sonali is a 'real, live' doctor!  This is a little bit of what she says about herself...
"I'm a board certified Emergency Medicine physician, culinary school graduate, recipe developer and bona fide foodie". She's also had recipes published in several magazines including Taste of Home, Better Homes & Gardens and Everyday with Rachel Ray. 

And to think I have this woman's email address and we have communicated a number of times! 
I KNOW SOMEONE FAMOUS FOR SURE!  =) 

So now she's published this awesome cookbook, full of information about the benefits of Greek yogurt and how it can help bring you to better health. 


On the back cover, it reads 
"The Greek Yogurt Diet is a healthful, scientifically proven high protein, low-carb approach that offers amazing results according to your lifestyle and your eating habits".

I love being able to make something up the night before to enjoy for breakfast in the morning. These were simple to put together..made up in just minutes...and I was very excited because they're so healthy too. 

I'm wild about oatmeal, even chilled, but if you don't like yours chilled, just pop this in the microwave for a minute or so to warm it up...enjoy!

I enjoyed the peach one best - I think it was because I added almond flavoring instead of just vanilla. 

This fabulous recipe was shared by Ann Fulton of Fountain Avenue Kitchen


OVERNIGHT NO-COOK OATMEAL YOGURT CUPS 


1/3 c. (1 oz) old-fashioned oats + 1 tsp. for topping

(I used a 7-grain oatmeal from my bulk food store)
1/3 c. (2-3/4 ozs) (plain/nonfat) Greek yogurt 
(or use flavored if you'd like)
1/3 c. (2-3/4 ozs) milk
(nonfat, 2% or almond, whatever you prefer)
1 tsp. chia seeds
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract or 1/4 tsp. almond extract
2 tsp. maple syrup or sweetener of choice
(I used agave nectar...and used more)
1/2 c. fruit, frozen or fresh *(see note below)


In a 12 - ozs. jelly or Mason jar, add oats, yogurt, milk, chia seeds, extract, and sweetener. Screw lid on tightly and shake well.

Stir in the fruit; mix to distribute throughout the jar.  Sprinkle an extra rounded teaspoon of oats over top and do not stir.

Replace lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. In the morning, enjoy straight from the jar!


*Ann's notes: While I vary the fruit, my personal favorite is mostly blueberries with a few chopped strawberries thrown in. Mango, raspberries and peaches are also delicious.  I keep bags of frozen, organic fruit on hand and add while still frozen.  For the larger pieces of fruit, chop before adding.  The fruit can be cut fairly easily while still frozen. 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

My good blogging friend, Amee, of Amee's Savory Dish has a recipe in the book too. She has already shared my recipe for Blueberries & Creme Baked Oatmeal.  Gorgeous photo too! Check it out!! 



Linked to Weekend Potluck
You might also like 

Overnight Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal


Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookies







Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly