Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Browning Ground Beef in the Crockpot

We're foregoing a recipe today so I can share a 'technique' with you that's an awesome timesaving idea. 



I saw this nifty idea at Pinterest and am so grateful to 
One More Good Thing from Jillee for sharing.  

I LOVED it!  While the burger browned, I did some laundry, cleaning and baking! This was WAY better than standing over the stove stirring every few minutes so it won't burn. 

This would be soooo perfect to do before the busy holiday season hits!!

Place as much (lean) burger as you want to brown, in your crockpot. Stir it around to break up any lumps. (I used about 4# in my 3-qt. crockpot)


Place the lid on the crock and cook on high for about 2 hours...depending on your crockpot. 


I stirred it a few times while it cooked. 

When it was done (no pink remaining), I drained the grease into a bowl, then rinsed the burger with hot water to remove more grease. 


After it cooled, I bagged it up into freezer bags...whatever size suits your family's needs...and there you have it! 

Label it, date it and you're ready to rumble. 
*-*


Now you're all ready for a quick meal...GO!

WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THIS BEFORE???? 
It's perfect to use in dishes like...

Simple Cheesey Hamburger Soup









Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly