Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Homemade Cinnamon Syrup (for Coffee, Cider, Ice Cream, Sweet Potatoes, Pancakes)


Oh my goodness!  If you like cinnamon at all, you MUST try this very simple syrup.

I added it to my iced coffee while it was still warm...just couldn't wait for it to cool.


It's so tasty - with no preservatives! 

I so love Samantha at Five Heart Home.  I make many of her tasty recipes.  And I love that she does a lot of 'natural' recipes...for clean eating/living.

This one is fabulous and I do hope you'll make it soon.  It only takes a few minutes, but the flavor will last a long time...and then you'll be ready to make more. 

Try it on ice cream, waffles, pancakes, hot cider, but be sure to add it to your coffee...hot or cold.  I can't wait to try it in my oatmeal!

It would be SUCH a great gift to give...and to receive.  Place it in jar tied with a ribbon, placing in a basket with some hot cider packets, a gallon of cider or a pkg. of coffee...pancake mix...oh the ideas are endless! 

I used Watkins Cinnamon - in my humble opinion, it can't be beat for top flavor. 


HOMEMADE CINNAMON SYRUP

1 c. brown sugar
1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. water
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract 

In medium saucepan (make sure you have enough room for the sauce to bubble up without boiling over), combine brown sugar and cinnamon. (so the cinnamon won't clump up). Then add water. Whisk until sugar is dissolved and the mixture comes to a boil.  Reduce heat; simmer and whisk for 5 minutes more or until syrup begins to thicken.  (It will thicken more as it cools). 

Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.  Pour into a clean glass jar or covered container, allowing to cool before you seal or refrigerate. 

Keeps in fridge up to one month. (If you're like me, it'll be gone long before the month is up!=)

Stir into coffee or apple cider.  Pour over ice cream, pancakes and waffles, apple pie and even sweet potatoes!!!! 

Linked to Weekend Potluck






Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly