Sunday, December 14, 2014

Spiced Apple Butter Bars (5 ingredients)

My oh my!

How I would LOVE to be able to share a taste of these luscious bars...if only we had Taste-A-Puters huh?  

My friend, Sandy, who often drops by samples of her latest new recipe try, for us, introduced us to this tasty bar.  This is a Betty Crocker original. 

I'm not sure I would have tried it otherwise, but the flavor blast was phenomenal! 

I knew I would have to make them.  

I just so happened to have some no sugar added (no splenda either) apple butter, and I thought I had picked up a spice cake mix, but in actuality it was a butter pecan mix, but it was just as wonderful as the spice mix was. 

These are simple to make...mix the cake mix with egg and butter, then add nuts if you'd like...pat part of it in the foil-lined pan (9" X 9"), spread the apple butter over the bottom, then top with cake mix crumbles.  

That's it!  The result is a thick moist, and VERY scrumptious bar. And simple cleanup too!  What more could you ask for.

A perfect fall dessert...or anytime treat. 


SPICED APPLE BUTTER BARS

1 (16 ozs) box spice cake mix
(or butter pecan)
2/3 c. butter, softened
1 egg
1 c. finely chopped pecans
1 c. apple butter

Preheat oven to 350. Line 9" sq. pan with foil, leaving 2" of foil overhanging at 2 opposite sides; spray foil with cooking spray. (Not necessary to spray if using non stick foil)

In large bowl, beat cake mix, butter and egg with electric mixer on low, about 2 minute, or just until crumbly.  Stir in pecans, by hand is easiest. Reserve 1 cup mixture. Press remaining mixture in bottom of pan.  Spread apple butter over crust.  Crumble reserved pecan mixture over top. 
(I think that part took the longest...the dough is a tad more sticky, rather than crumbly, but it all bakes together so just spread as easily as you can). 

Bake 30 - 35 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool completely in pan on cooling rack for about 2 hours.  Use foil to lift out of pan.  Cut into 5 rows of 4. 

Yield: 20 pieces

You may also like 











Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly