Sunday, January 4, 2015

Healthy Cookie Dough Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Thanks so very much for your support of this blog over this past year.  I would be so lost without you.
I am elated to share that I gained over 5700 new LIKES at Facebook in 2014!  WOOOHOOO!!  

It's only right I would begin the year sharing an awesome oatmeal recipe. 
I'm wild about oatmeal, and have over 60 recipes at my blog using it. 

I love the recipes I see at Chocolate Covered Katie.  She experiments a lot...just look - this dish bakes at 380*!  Who else does that?  I don't know of anyone. I love that she gives options too. And it's always a healthy recipe...

I enjoyed this by topping (EVERY piece I ate) with almond butter to bump up the protein.  It was heavenly.  

I will definitely make this again.  Such a great recipe to begin the year with...a 'healthier choice'.  And it's really pretty simple to make too. 


HEALTHY COOKIE DOUGH PUMPKIN BAKED OATMEAL 

2 c. rolled oats 
1/2 tsp. salt, scant 
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice OR additional cinnamon
4 packets stevia or 1/3 c. pure maple syrup
1-1/3 c. pureed pumpkin 
1 single serving cup of applesauce, about 1/3 c. 
2/3 c. milk of choice (cut back to 1/3 c. if using maple syrup)
2 Tb. (coconut) oil or or more milk of choice 
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
optional 1/2 c. chocolate chips, plus more for the top if desired
Grease an 8" x 8" square pan. Set aside. Preheat oven to 380*F. In a large mixing bowl, stir together all dry ingredients, then add all remaining ingredients. Smooth evenly into the prepared pan, sprinkle chips on top if desired, and press down with a spoon. Bake 24 minutes, then let sit in a closed oven 20 minutes with the heat turned off. Top with syrup, or coconut or nut butter. MMMM! 

Linked to Weekend Potluck

You might also enjoy...

Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal Cups








Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly