Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Tomato Spice Muffins (no mixer needed)

I tried a new recipe that I found intriguing and trust the author of the cookbook since she's a very dear friend..and an awesome cook, so...
(thank you Margaret and your "Our Family Cookbook") 

I also loved the idea I could mix this by hand...that means less mess.  

I baked breads and muffins too and they were sooo good.


My hubby even commented they were not too spicy and had a perfect blend of spices!

And believe it or not...you add a can of tomato soup to this yummy recipe!

If you like spice cake, I think you'll love this like we did!

As I normally do, I reduced the amount of sugar, and we thought it was
just fine, but adjust it to your liking...

I also want to share with you that in baking lots of quick breads to sell at the local farmer's market this summer, I have fallen head over heels in love with
Baker's Joy...the cooking spray that has flour in it.  My breads and muffins turn out of the pan perfectly every time.  I don't know why it's taken me so long to use it regularly...I LOVE IT! 


TOMATO SPICE MUFFINS

2 c. all purpose flour
1-1/3 c. white sugar
(I used 1 even cup)
4 tsp. baking powder
1-1/2 tsp. allspice
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
1 (10.75 ozs) can tomato soup
2 eggs
1/4 c. water

Preheat oven to 350. Spray muffin tins or small bread pans with
non-stick cooking spray (or Baker's Joy). 

In large bowl, add dry ingredients - flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, and cloves. 

In small bowl, blend soup (straight from the can) with eggs and water.  Add to flour mixture and stir until smooth. (I used a wooden spoon).

The mixture will be thick. Pour into prepared pans (I was able to make 2 small (6") breads and 6 muffins from this batch. 

Bake about 30 minutes. When tops spring back, they are just right. 

Cool a few minutes; remove from pan to cool on rack. 



Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly