Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Seasoned Buttery Crackers

ATTENTION: We interrupt this previously scheduled series of posts to share this awesome and wonderful new recipe with you!  *-* 

I rarely have time to view Pioneer Woman's website & luscious recipes, but this one caught my eye and I couldn't wait to make it.

And we were NOT disappointed...MMMM!  I can hardly wait to share these with
someone besides my hubby...who commented how much he liked them!


These are perfect for soup season!  Crushed on top of your soup or even a salad! YOWZA!

Melt butter...add seasonings...dunk simple saltine crackers...bake...serve!

They are so flavorful!  I changed up the seasoning a little, but there are so many options..use what your family would like best.  I bet ranch dressing
would be great. 

And just before typing this up, I reviewed Ree's recipe...my recipe printed ONE stick of butter...she uses TWO?  I thought one was just perfect for one sleeve of crackers!  Others commented the same thing. 

I know it may seem like a lot of salt..using SALTED butter, Seasoned salt and
saltine crackers, but it really turns out great. 



SEASONED BUTTERY CRACKERS



1 stick salted butter

1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. dried basil
a few sprinkles garlic powder
(or substitute 1 tsp. Italian seasoning instead of all 3 spices above
I like using 2 tsp. dry Ranch dressing - with no added salt)
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
1 sleeve saltine crackers



Preheat oven to 275. 



Melt butter in saucepan and add seasonings...stir until well blended. Add saltines, 2 (or more) at a time, coating with butter mixture on both sides. Place on baking rack over a cookie sheet.  Bake for 20 minutes.



Remove from oven; cool; place in sealed bag or container. 

Give as gifts with soup! 

Linked to Full Plate Thursday
           Weekend Potluck
             Meal Plan Monday
    
           


Lightened Sweet n Salty Cracker Treats



No Bake Peanut Butter Nutella Bars










Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly