Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Guest Post: Crazy Chocolate Cake - Sweet Little Bluebird

So pleased to share this wonderful friend, and co-host at Weekend Potluck...and awesome recipe...with you. Perfect for Valentine's Day...especially for those who have special diets. 


Take it away Mary....


Hi everyone, I'm Mary from the food blog, Sweet Little Bluebird. I live in Colorado, just south of Denver, with my husband, two girls and our dog, Molly. On my blog you will find some of my favorite recipes along with tons of tried and true recipes I love and hope my readers will love too. 





I'm stopping by The Better Baker today to share one of my favorite recipes, Chocolate Crazy Cake! This is an oldie but goodie recipe I think everyone should have in their recipe box.



Crazy Cake, also known as Wacky Cake and Depression Cake (along with many more names), contains no eggs, milk or butter, you don't even need a bowl, you mix everything right in your baking dish. This wonderful cake was created during the Great Depression when eggs, milk and butter were hard to come by, so it's budget friendly. I was given this recipe years ago by a dear friend for my daughter who has a severe egg allergy. This cake is perfect for those suffering with food allergies - it can even be made gluten free. Don't be scared by the missing ingredients, it's moist and super delicious! You don't have to have an allergy to enjoy this cake. This recipe has been cherished for generations.



CHOCOLATE CRAZY CAKE RECIPE (NO EGGS, MILK, BUTTER OR BOWLS)

Ingredients

1 1/2 Cups flour (all-purpose)

3 Tbsp. cocoa (unsweetened)

1 Cup sugar 

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp.  salt

1 tsp. white vinegar

1 tsp. pure vanilla extract

5 Tbsp. vegetable oil 

1 Cup water 



For the directions and to print this recipe, please head over to Sweet Little Bluebird. On my blog you will find more flavors I've created from the original - Lemon, Carrot, Chocolate Mint, Spiced and more. I even have a mug cake version! 


Thank you so much, Marsha, for letting me stop by and share a family favorite recipe.  

And thank YOU Mary for sharing with my readers! OK y'all...now rush to the kitchen to try this one out...I'm guessing you'll want to make it again soon. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly