Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Texas Sheet Cake Cookies!



I was just so tickled...and intrigued...when I came across this awesome recipe at Cookies and Cups

I made these for some family members and they were WILD over them.

My kids grew up on TX sheet cake - it was ALWAYS a very special treat...and they still get excited about it today! 

These taste just like the cake, but are in a bite-sized, on-the-go treat!
Dense and sure to satisfy your sweet tooth!

They would be wonderful with nuts sprinkled over the top, but as I do when I make the cake, I mixed the nuts into the frosting.  

Pour a tall glass of milk and enjoy!!



TEXAS SHEET CAKE COOKIES 

1/2 cup salted butter, room temp
1/3 cup granulated sugar 
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 - 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted

ICING:

1/2 c. salted butter
2 TB. cocoa powder
3 TB milk
2 and 1/2 c. powdered sugar

Go to Cookies & Cups for the directions....

You'll be SO glad you did! 





Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly